The Governors Village Community is a beautiful, master planned community that includes central commercial area with a Chapel Hill mailing address and low Chatham County taxes. Neighborhoods within the community include Governors Park, Governors Village, Governors Forest, Governors Lake, and The Townes.The Governors Village Community is located adjacent to Governors Club, a gated 27 hole Jack Nicklaus Golf Course community, and Carolina Meadows, a renowned retirement community and is just minutes from downtown Chapel Hill.
Governors Village Demographics :
- Within 3 mile radius: Population: 14,000; 44% of Household Income over 100k
- Within 15 minute drive: Population 87,000; 37.5% of Household Income over 100k
- Within 3 mile radius: Average household income is $126,531
- The Shops @ Governors Village: Bean and Barrel, Village Vet, Tarantini Italian Restaurant, Atkins Dentistry, China Chef, Perfect Image Dry Cleaners, Chatham ABC Store, Subway, Nailtek Nail Salon, Food Lion and RBC Bank
- The Commons @ Governors Village: Domicile Realty, Build Ex, Igloo Yogurt, Governors Pharmacy, New Construction Medical/Retail For Lease
- The Offices @ Governors Village: Office Space For Lease
- Four Neighborhoods of Single Family Homes: Governors Village, Governors Park, Governors Forest and Governors Lake
- Townhome Neighborhoods – The Townes of Governors Village & Governors Lake
- Apartment Home Community – Camden Governors Village
- Lots of parks, pools and playground for fun!
- Bunn and Claire Woodard UNC (Class of '69)
- Bill Bambic
- John Young